01/09/2011

Colour My Life With The Chaos Of Trouble

After being alerted to this news story by my dad, and seeing as it coincided perfectly with today's events, I felt it was necessary to share it.


John Mosley raised £2,000 for charity by having this 'Where's Wally' themed tattoo of his home-town of Norwich across his back. It took a spine-tingling 24 hours to complete and features 150 different characters, including Darth Vader and a pair of Roman soldiers.

Having had my first tattoo a while ago, I'd been itching to get under the needle again. Yes, I may turn into a pale, quivering, nervous wreck when faced with having one tiny pin-prick for a blood test, but the idea of being stabbed with ink fills me with nothing but glee. Endless hours in front of the TV  have also led to a mild obsession with the 'Ink' TV series'; Miami Ink, LA Ink and London Ink, following the work of three tattoo studios and their artists. Watching people getting masterpieces etched across their bodies on a daily basis has only fuelled the need for more of my own, and having bribed my parents into funding any new additions in exchange for my cooperation in the doctor's surgery, I had settled on my designs and was ready for more of that pleasurable pain.

A quick trip to the tattoo studio to query an appointment led to me having not one but two more tats. Pictures will appear at some point, once the layer of bepanthen and cling film is removed. 

It's strange to think how socially acceptable tattoos have becomes in the last decade, everyone from teachers to pensioners are getting them these days. No longer restricted to the biceps of sailors, or making a statement across the pale skin of punks, it's as easy to get inked as it is to get a new hair cut or pierce your ears. It makes me wonder what the next step is for body modification. You can change the colour of your skin, and as Lady Gaga has recently demonstrated with her bizarre facial horns and shoulder implants, the shape of it. We can dye our hair, change the colour of our eyes, and alter any part of our body that we don't deem to be acceptable with plastic surgery. How long until we're having face transplants in our lunch break? With science and technology offering us more opportunities for change as the years tick by, will human's even appear as we know them in a hundred years time? 

I guess I won't be around to find out, so I can only imagine. A world full of Gaga-esque pointy-faced freaks? Maybe I'll be glad to be gone...


Seoana xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?