24/04/2013

BEAUTY REVIEW: Bourjois So Laque glossy nail enamel



















Another day, another opportunity to devote all of my creative energy to my nails. Today I decided to test out another of the treats that came in my bundle of Bourjois goodies, their new So Laque glossy nail enamel

Claims: This new collection from the So Laque range features eight new shades that are enriched with vinyl for a high-shine glossy finish. The ultra-resistant formula prevents chipping and ensures that the colour lasts for up to ten days. 

















I had the chance to try out 04 Amande defile, which is a cool, clean mint green shade that is perfect for spring, and 07 Coton sur ton, a soft, pale off-white hue with pinky tones. 

Verdict: Firstly, I opted for the paler shade. The polish went on easily, and gave my manicure a smooth and glossy finish, as promised. It did require three coats to completely cover the nail, but each layer dried pretty quickly so it wasn't too time-consuming. I decided to add a top coat with a Barry M glitter polish, as I'm not used to such pale and pretty shades, I needed something a bit more striking. I was really pleased with the finished result, it reminded me of a cupcake, with frosting and sprinkles. The colour on its own is a bit too plain for me, however I can imagine that it would be a pretty option for a formal occasion. 
I then tested out the mint green. I'd actually bought a similar hue recently from Barry M as I'm a big fan of this shade for the season, so I was interested to compare the two. Once again it did need a few coats to create the perfect finish, but I really liked the final result.  My nails looked really shiny and neat, not quite salon perfect but not bad for an at-home job. I didn't get any chipping on my nails for at least five days, which wasn't quite the promised ten but I was still relatively happy with how long they lasted.  

The finish on these polishes is really lovely, and definitely worth the couple of extra pounds in comparison to other high-street brands. There are only eight shades to choose from at the moment, but they do cover pretty much all the colours that are currently in style, from bright coral and bold red, to soft peach and sky blue. I'll definitely be reaching for these polishes if I want a chip-free weekend, as they do last well. I'll be excited to see if they add any brighter shades to the collection, perhaps something a bit more gothic to suit my style!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?