23/02/2011

Mona Lisa's Smile

I'm fully aware that I'm at risk of alienating all of my treasured 6 followers with this, BUT it's brightened up this miserable day for me so I'm spreading the joy :)

It's Panic! At The Disco's new song, The Ballad of Mona Lisa.
I was a MEGA Panic fan back in my teenage emo days, I know all the words to every song on their first album, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, which they released in 2005.

The whole 'emo' scene faced a lot of criticism back then, bands like Panic, Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance recieved a lot of hate; lead singer of Panic Brendon Uri even got bottled at Reading festival in 2006.

I didn't like their second album Pretty Odd, which was released in 2008 as much, though That Green Gentleman is one of my favourites.

Since then guitarish Ryan Ross and bassist Jon Walker left the band, and Panic will release their third album, Vices and Virtues, with two new members.

Vices and Virtues is set to be released March of this year. Having listened to The Ballad of Mona Lisa on repeat most of today, I for one am mega excited for this, as it seems they've returned to their original style of flamboyant baroque pop with witty lyrics and dark humour.

Plus, I can't help but fancy Brendon still ;)

Here's the vid, enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?